- Wind River spotlight on embedded cloud to examine the impact of the connected world and the transformation of embedded systems to intelligent systems
- Additional presentations will cover embedded security, Android beyond the smartphone, safety certification, multi-core and virtualization
- Visit and meet Wind River at Hall 5, Booth 334
ISMANING, Germany — Feb. 15, 2012 — Wind River, a world leader in embedded and mobile software, will emphasize the future of embedded cloud at Embedded World 2012 in Nuremberg, Germany. Presentations at the conference, as well as product demos and live customer applications at the Wind River booth, will widely reflect this theme.
Wind River's eight presentations at Embedded World 2012 will address emerging trends as well as pertinent industry challenges. These topics include embedded cloud; device and communications security; Android beyond mobile; certification to the industrial safety standard IEC 61508 and tools qualification to ISO 26262; and the efficient use of multi-core and virtualization in automotive systems. The full list of Wind River’s presentations includes:
- From Device to the Cloud (Mar. 1 at 0945) - presented by Jim Douglas, senior vice president, marketing - focusing on how cloud computing will impact existing network topologies and the operating requirements of future products, and how safety and security will be maintained during the transformation from traditional, discrete embedded systems to highly connected intelligent systems.
- Security in Embedded Devices and Communications (Feb. 29 at 1300) - presented by Hans Jürgen Rauscher, system architect - covering security threats to embedded devices and data stored in the cloud, as well a discussion on how to improve device security during development and testing.
- Android Beyond the Smartphone (Mar. 1 at 1000) - presented by Jonas Dietsche, senior technical account manager - looking at the availability and use of Android in the automotive, industrial and medical markets.
- Virtualization and Multi-core Drive ECU Consolidation in the Car - Challenges and Solutions (Mar. 1 at 1000) - presented by Peter Kleiner, senior technical account manager - examining the challenges being faced when doing ECU consolidation or combining driver assist functionality with IVI systems.
- Multi-cores have Arrived in the Embedded World (Feb. 29 at 1600) - presented by Joachim Hampp, field engineering manager - how to best leverage the power of multi-core depending on the application, working with multi-core design and avoiding design pitfalls.
- On-chip Redundancy according to IEC 61508 (Feb. 29 at 1330) - presented by Andreas Buchwieser, program manager, industrial - this presentation will look at ways to deal with functional safety in safety critical applications especially with regard to the IEC 61508 standard.
- Applying ISO 26262 to Tool Qualification (Feb. 29 at 1000) - jointly presented by Dr. Oscar Slotosch (Validas AG) and Marco Reiling, tools specialist - describing the requirements from ISO 26262 to tool qualification.
- Certification according to IEC 61508 - What are the Basics to Know? (Feb. 29 at 1200) - presented by Philipp Michel, technical account manager - looking at how safety critical solutions are becoming increasingly important in today’s embedded world.
"The embedded industry is continually evolving as cloud computing and the ongoing mobile revolution shift the boundaries between embedded, IT and consumer electronics," said Jim Douglas, senior vice president, marketing at Wind River. "Wind River is helping drive this evolution and Embedded World 2012 is an ideal platform to discuss it with our customers and other stakeholders."
The following will be showcased at Wind River's booth:
- Aerospace & Defense - avionics application running on Wind River’s VxWorks 653
- Automotive - GENIVI compliant in-vehicle infotainment demo showing multiple operating systems enabled through Wind River Hypervisor
- Embedded Cloud - machine-to-machine (M2M) communication in a smart home application
- Industrial - showcasing robotic and energy devices running VxWorks solutions
- Medical - medical tablet as a mobile healthcare device for the home, built with Wind River Platform for Android
- Networking - high-performance network acceleration software platforms and tools for faster, smarter and more secure packet processing
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., with offices in more than 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or on Facebook.
# # #
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Communications